Friday, November 30, 2018

26A – Celebrating Failure

Celebrating Failure

This semester, as all previous ones, I had to struggle with balancing between my full time work and my full time schedule. Some days I feel strong and tackle the class assignment like a pro, and other days, I feel exhausted after a long day at work, so I just wanna relax and watch a movie. On top of that this semester, I had to overcome so personal issues, and moving out to a new place. My main failure this semester was to keep up with the lectures.
As illogical as it may seem, failing to achieve our goals can set the stage for our next successes ... as long as we consider these setbacks as lessons and not as a sign of future failures.
We all know what failure is. When we do not reach the goal we set ourselves, we feel sad, ashamed, dejected, discouraged. One can also be paralyzed or convince oneself that the game is not worth the candle.
Resilience shows that courage and perseverance seem as predictive of success as intelligence, and that those who succeed the most are the most determined. Similar work on development indicates that children who believe that intelligence can be cultivated tend to be more successful in school.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Imane! I can personally relate to you. I think that at some point we have all feel the struggle and exhaustion of our days. I consider your effort and perseverant because it is not easy to have a full-time job and being a full-time student as well. I agree with your opinion of failure that it can help us set our next goal and help us succeed more in the future. Thank you very much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete