Step 1: 20 Bugs
11 . Phone heating up (car setup)
22 . Picking up all the balls after a tennis training session
33 . When your car is burning hot when leave it in the parking lot and the ACE come up very hot at first.
44 . When you wear your shoes for the first time and it hurts.
55 . When you can’t find your car keys
66 . The elevator at work takes a long time to arrive
77. The four way stop by my house takes a long time to get through
88 . When you’re in hurry and someone is in the restroom at work
99 . The computer at work takes a long time to start
110. In restaurants, there is no space for my purse
111. The Tv is still on when you fell a sleep
112. When you’re out the entire day and you need to charge your phone.
113. When you miss class (for a good reason) or a lesson and you don’t get to take notes
114. The line to get my uniform at work gets very long in busy time, and makes me late to clock in to work
115. when the Wi-Fi stop working while you’re in the middle of an assignment or exam
116. If your car stops in the middle of the road, but you don’t know what originated the issue
117. At the restaurant, the server disappears on you when you’re in a hurry to leave.
118. Sometimes I leave the light on in the car, and because of it the car battery dies.
119. Trying to book a flight online, and at the last step they charge you more.
220. The struggle to clean a stain in the car, unless you take it to the dealer and charge you for a fortune.
Step 2: Why the Bug exist?
11 . Apple didn’t create the iPhone to be in the heat for a long time, but when you use it as a GPS in Florida, it’s exposed to the sun.
22 . At the end of a tennis game, you’re too tired to pick up the balls all over the court.
33 . Because of the Florida heat, the whole car gets very hot, including its ACE.
44 . New shoes are not as soft the first time you wear them (It come from the expression, I need to break in my new shoes)
55 . Most of us come back from work tired and put the car keys somewhere, and once we need to leave our place we can’t find them. (I wish the keys would ring like a phone to locate them faster)
66 . We only have 3 main elevators for 1500 employee (including room service servers that uses them to deliver food to guests)
77 . The four-way stop was created when it was a new construction area but since them a lot of people bought houses and moved in.
88 . People use the restroom to make phone calls instead of the regular use.
99 . IT department need to take the time to make a diagnosis and follow up on it (replace them if needs be).
110. Table are not made to hand a purse and if I put it in a chair, there is a chance that someone would steal it…
111. After a long day at work, sometimes I fall asleep in front of the tv. (I wish it could turn off automatically)
112. The IPhone doesn’t hold the charge for too long, especially when you use certain apps.
113. As a Valencia student, when I missed class because of work, I could not take any notes, unless your friend did go to class. (I am grateful now for the online lecture)
114. The laundry people at the uniform line cannot handle the volume of employees that’s coming in at busy times of the day.
115. The Wi-Fi functioning is unknown to me, but I noticed when a lot of users are on the same Wi-Fi, either it gets slower or stop working.
116. I am not an expert in that matter, so that’s probably why I don’t know the source of the issue. For example, in my car when the pressure is low in one of the tires, there is a light that appears on the dashboard. (maybe they should create the same system of warning car owner for everything else, to fix it before the car crashes)
117. The server could be busy with other tables, or just not doing his job properly.
118. Usually, it’s because I’m in hurry, or I’m trying to multitask. I wish it could turn off automatically after a certain period of time.
119. The price probably fluctuates, or we’re taking too long to book it. Sometimes by collecting the data of how many times you returned to the website, they push the prices up.
220. No one wants to pay a fortune to clean a stain on the car seats. The products that I’ve used do not do job.
Step 3: Reflection
This assignment has been very challenging. What the professor predicted in the video explaining the assignment happened to me. I started writing the five first bugs, then I couldn’t think about any other one. So, I had to take a break, go to work, then do my groceries, that’s when I started noticing more and more bugs. I couldn’t stop after that, 20 bugs seemed not enough to me. This assignment made me think about a lot of project and ideas that could be created, but also ones that already exist that I should implements into my every day life.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi Imane,
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your bug list. I can completely relate to the fact that coming up with 20 bugs was really challenging. Your experience was very similar to mine, but my strategy was that I started to pay more attention during my day to day routine to figure out that things that bug me and it definitively helped me with my list. I couldn't figure out why the numbers in front of the lists were not in order, maybe is something you did intentionally or not, but it was a little distracting at times. Moreover, your "whys" explanations are very reasonable and are very detailed.