Friday, September 21, 2018

7A – Testing the Hypothesis, Part 1

1) The opportunity that I would like to pick would be an all-in website that combines not only booking airlines, transportation, but all tips pertaining to a destination, as well as a travel agent to call to help making to trip organization easier. 

2) Travel booking website not meeting all customer needs.
·      The who: Travel booking website 
·      The what: They are not able to satisfy all the customer travel needs
·      The why: It’s difficult to respond to all the guest needs and keep the website simple.

3) Test the boundaries of the hypothesis 
·     Testing the who: People who wants to make the travel a smooth process. Either millennial or older customer because of the over the phone access. 
·     Testing the what: What are the boundaries of the need? Not all customer would find the need of that service, only the one’s that wants to have all the information in the same website. Easily accessible. 
·     Testing the why: Some people would prefer to research their vacation, shop around for better pricing … 

4) Five people's interviews: 

Person #1: The first I interviewed was my colleague at the work, who is custom to travel booking websites, he liked to shop around for the best prices, best deals, even if he needs to use more than one website, so he didn’t have the need of what I was offering. 

Person #2: The second person was a long-time friend, who liked the idea of having someone to talk to, help her vacation, because she only took one big vacation per year with her family. She didn’t have time to go to a travel agency, so a professional who could save her that headache seemed fantastic to her.

Person #3: The third person I interviewed was my brother, who is very cheap lol. He said that as long as he can compare pricing, the website could be useful for him because he likes to try the local culture, but no only the touristy attractions. 

Person #4: The fourth person was a concierge at the hotel I work at. She motioned that there is a lot of website that do what I’m trying to do. In her opinion, I should be creative with the website I would like to create. 

Person #5: The fifth person was good friend too that was excited about the idea. She would love to have a professional to guide her through organizing her vacation. The cost seemed to be very important to her, since she’s limited by a budget.

5) After my fifth interview, it became clear to me that I need to target a smaller range of customers, and chose either affordable trips or more luxurious ones. On the other hand, finding experts for all the destinations may be challenging, being specialized in one or a couple destinations will be easier to start with, especially if I want to do customized trip, and give the customer that extra advantage with my website.  


No comments:

Post a Comment